Page 2 of 4

Re: Hamshen vocabulary / Hemsince kelimeler (3)

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2008, 09:01
by Hayasa
in some cases I've noticed that some phrases and words used in hamshen are the older forms of our language and some are words ,which now in armenian is used just in literatural speach.
Avetik is "TUKH" in hamsheni -means "SEV"(black).

Re: Hamshen vocabulary / Hemsince kelimeler (3)

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2008, 09:50
by avetik
Yes, I've noticed that Caniktsi mostly use the world sev, but for some reason Hopa-Hemşinli use tukh... But we understand either way. We can say tukh mazered (your black hair) and, to me, that sounds more poetic than sev mazered, which is more ordinary.

Re: Hamshen vocabulary / Hemsince kelimeler (3)

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 05:23
by LaLa
...

Re: Hamshen vocabulary / Hemsince kelimeler (3)

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 14:10
by Hayasa
LaLa wrote:We(where i come from) use Tuxi when we mean "dark" ... for example when we say that someone has dark skin and dark hair .

Yes TUKH and TCHERMAG is mostly used in poetic language or in words such as
tkhamashk- dark skin.
In case of TCHERMAG we sometime use this word to mean "Absolutly white".
:)

Re: Hamshen vocabulary / Hemsince kelimeler (3)

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 16:56
by LaLa
...

Re: Hamshen vocabulary / Hemsince kelimeler (3)

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 23:08
by LaLa
...

Re: Hamshen vocabulary / Hemsince kelimeler (3)

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2008, 10:18
by Hay
Actually in Western Armenian dialect "Sbidag" also exists.

But could you share with us some of Hamshentsi kufur..It would be interesting to see if their curses are close to other Armenian dialects :)

Re: Hamshen vocabulary / Hemsince kelimeler (3)

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2008, 14:53
by avetik
I think, kufur is the same as in Armenian, pretty much. Maybe a little more elaborate. But please, don't post any of it here. In private you can, but not on the board...
Thanks for understanding!
:)

Re: Hamshen vocabulary / Hemsince kelimeler (3)

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2008, 19:49
by LaLa
....

Re: Hamshen vocabulary / Hemsince kelimeler (3)

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2008, 20:07
by LaLa
...

Re: Hamshen vocabulary / Hemsince kelimeler (3)

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2008, 09:52
by artem
Hayasa wrote:I'm an armenian from Armenia,and currently live ther.
I have no connection with Hamsheni Armenian, but as a true armenian patriot, very and very interested on it.

Hi Hayasa,
I think the theme of Hamshenis is very interesting because we all are brothers and sisters foremost.

Best regards
:wink:

Re: Hamshen vocabulary / Hemsince kelimeler (3)

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2008, 17:31
by MAFRAT
LaLa wrote:Hello ...

I will have to ask again ...


Thanks


:roll:

"If an Armenian is a strong patriot, I don’t think that he/she really deals with Hemşin people.
Because they generally think that Hemşinli are comprador and traitor for their country, nation and religion. The reason of this is Hemşinli’s assimilation."

You're welcome!

Re: Hamshen vocabulary / Hemsince kelimeler (3)

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2008, 18:02
by avetik
MAFRAT wrote:If an Armenian is a strong patriot, I don’t think that he/she really deals with Hemşin people. Because they generally think that Hemşinli are comprador and traitor for their country, nation and religion. The reason of this is Hemşinli’s assimilation.


:?
Dear MAFRAT, I strongly disagree with your statement!.. Let me explain what I mean:
Well, are you an Armenian patriot? Only then you would have an idea of what an Armenian patriot would think. I would not generalize either: one person's view on this difficult subject may vary from another. People may be equally patriotic, yet have completely opposite views on whether Hemshinli are related to Armenians or not. I know, it is the same with Turkish citizen. To be completely honest, none of us can be 100% objective. Our bias comes from our upbringing. No matter how hard I try, I will always sympathize with my people more. Yet, I would like to see people of Hamshen,if not completely united, at least closer to each other! The more we learn, the better we understand what really is going on. Calling someone a traitor is very easy, but it is wrong, and requires no education. Looking deeper into the subject opens ones eyes and helps to improve communication. Another great danger is stereotypical thinking, which starts with things like "All Turks are... ", "All Armenians are...", "Hemshinli are nothing but just..."

Re: Hamshen vocabulary / Hemsince kelimeler (3)

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2008, 18:55
by hagop
Avetik is absolutely right. Many of us may have relatives today that are now Turks and in many cases neither they or us know about it. Calling people traitors without knowing the history and the circumstances why people suddenly converted is unacceptable and inhuman. If people are really going to throw stones to other people, let them prove that they don't have "traitor" relatives.

Re: Hamshen vocabulary / Hemsince kelimeler (3)

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2008, 21:15
by artem
avetik wrote:I would like to see people of Hamshen,if not completely united, at least closer to each other! The more we learn, the better we understand what really is going on. Calling someone a traitor is very easy, but it is wrong, and requires no education. Looking deeper into the subject opens ones eyes and helps to improve communication. Another great danger is stereotypical thinking, which starts with things like "All Turks are... ", "All Armenians are...", "Hemshinli are nothing but just..."

hagop wrote:Many of us may have relatives today that are now Turks and in many cases neither they or us know about it. Calling people traitors without knowing the history and the circumstances why people suddenly converted is unacceptable and inhuman.

I'm absolutely agree with Avetik and Hagop.