Page 1 of 2

Where do most Hamshenis live?

PostPosted: 14 May 2007, 02:21
by Aivazovsky
Do the majority of Hamshenis living in Russia or Turkey? Also out of the overall population of Hamshenis, are most Christian or Muslim?

Best,
Aivazovsky

PostPosted: 14 May 2007, 20:33
by hagop
The majority of the Hamshentsi live in Turkey, something like 5/8 of the all Hamshentsis. There are practically no Christian Hamshentsis in Turkey. Those in Russia are allmost all Christian with less than 5,000 Muslims.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2008, 03:19
by himi_inch_enik
iam a muslim homshetsi from Turkiye for example:)

Re: Where do most Hamshenis live?

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 00:28
by palladium
himi_inch-enk
Please tell us a little about your life...Do you speak armenian ? How many are you there who know about his real Nationality and history...?

Re: Where do most Hamshenis live?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2008, 21:42
by artem
palladium wrote:Question about Hamshenis

This report contents very interesting information about Hamshenis in Turkey and Russia.

* * *
Report about Hamshenis by Ардаваст Тулумджян (Ardavast Tulumcyan)

Re: Where do most Hamshenis live?

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2008, 15:24
by MAFRAT
it's not Turkish or English.

Re: Where do most Hamshenis live?

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2008, 18:26
by artem
Hello MAFRAT,

I'm sorry :(
But I only found russian version of this report.

Re: Where do most Hamshenis live?

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2008, 09:01
by MAFRAT
artem wrote:Hello MAFRAT,

I'm sorry :(
But I only found russian version of this report.


don't worry. it's ok.

Re: Where do most Hamshenis live?

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2008, 23:38
by himi_inch_enik
palladium
hi i am muslim hamshetszi...
i try to speak the language but unfortunately i cant speak very well do understand more tho.
i grew up with it as my grand parents spoke it a lot but as we got older they tend to speak turkish with us 2.in our village marriages with non_hamshetszis:) decreased the usage of the language so they did speak turkish with ppl around them and turkish took the place of hamshetszi more and more as the time passed and we went to school ect...
but i personally dont wanna forget my language but there is soo little chance :(
any way i dont know what to write about if you ask i wud answer
that all 4 now
regards

Re: Where do most Hamshenis live?

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2008, 23:05
by Kevork
himi_inch_enik wrote:palladium
hi i am muslim hamshetszi...
i try to speak the language but unfortunately i cant speak very well do understand more tho.
i grew up with it as my grand parents spoke it a lot but as we got older they tend to speak turkish with us 2.in our village marriages with non_hamshetszis:) decreased the usage of the language so they did speak turkish with ppl around them and turkish took the place of hamshetszi more and more as the time passed and we went to school ect...
but i personally dont wanna forget my language but there is soo little chance :(
any way i dont know what to write about if you ask i wud answer
that all 4 now
regards


Hello! I would like to ask where exactly you live now. I am planning to go to Turkey again this summer, by the end of August. Actually, the destination is Mush. But I will be visiting also Ankara etc.. As always, the route is trhough Georgia- Sarpi-Hopa etc etc...

I would be really excited to visit a village or to meet some Homshetsi/Hemshinli people.. And maybe bring something with me from Armenia :))

Could you pls tell more about yourself? What do you do? Study? Work?.. I dunno, anything.

Re: Where do most Hamshenis live?

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2008, 15:11
by İLLETYUS
Kevork wrote:
himi_inch_enik wrote:palladium
hi i am muslim hamshetszi...
i try to speak the language but unfortunately i cant speak very well do understand more tho.
i grew up with it as my grand parents spoke it a lot but as we got older they tend to speak turkish with us 2.in our village marriages with non_hamshetszis:) decreased the usage of the language so they did speak turkish with ppl around them and turkish took the place of hamshetszi more and more as the time passed and we went to school ect...
but i personally dont wanna forget my language but there is soo little chance :(
any way i dont know what to write about if you ask i wud answer
that all 4 now
regards


Hello! I would like to ask where exactly you live now. I am planning to go to Turkey again this summer, by the end of August. Actually, the destination is Mush. But I will be visiting also Ankara etc.. As always, the route is trhough Georgia- Sarpi-Hopa etc etc...

I would be really excited to visit a village or to meet some Homshetsi/Hemshinli people.. And maybe bring something with me from Armenia :))

Could you pls tell more about yourself? What do you do? Study? Work?.. I dunno, anything.


Hi Kevork.
May I ask you something? Why Mush or Hemshin?

Re: Where do most Hamshenis live?

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2008, 15:44
by himi_inch_enik
hi
iam originally from hopa zaluna (name of the village is zaluna)
but iam also the 5th generation in duzce in north west coast Turkey u can also call it west blacksea (bati karadeniz) my ancchstors moved there years ago in west blacksea there r about i think up to 3 hamshetszi villages who migrated from hopa (my village is called "hemshin".we havent forgotten our roots in hopa as my parents r relatives and they were in touch as families despite the dictance (it takes about 18 hour to go back to hopa imagine the journey that was about 23 yeras ago) my mother grew up in hopa zaluna.as they r being both hamshetszis iam 100% hamshetszi no way out:)
i ve been living in england for about nearly 4 years now.
i do study actually will start uni in september to study pharmacy
iam old to start uni i know :) (21) it was bcoz i moved to england when i was about to finish high school in tr (turkey) for the last 3 years i carried on studying in here to got the equivalence and combined my qualificatins from turkey and thanks GOD iam finally at uni:) a bit nervous tho its ganno be hard
wish me luck:)
i also work as a part time sale assistant in a retail store.
i am flying to turkey in friday so excited :) looking forward to it
thats all for now i cant think of anything else to tell
take care

Re: Where do most Hamshenis live?

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2008, 01:32
by ARMENIA
himi_inch_enik wrote:hi
iam originally from hopa zaluna (name of the village is zaluna)
but iam also the 5th generation in duzce in north west coast Turkey u can also call it west blacksea (bati karadeniz) my ancchstors moved there years ago in west blacksea there r about i think up to 3 hamshetszi villages who migrated from hopa (my village is called "hemshin".we havent forgotten our roots in hopa as my parents r relatives and they were in touch as families despite the dictance (it takes about 18 hour to go back to hopa imagine the journey that was about 23 yeras ago) my mother grew up in hopa zaluna.as they r being both hamshetszis iam 100% hamshetszi no way out:)
i ve been living in england for about nearly 4 years now.
i do study actually will start uni in september to study pharmacy
iam old to start uni i know :) (21) it was bcoz i moved to england when i was about to finish high school in tr (turkey) for the last 3 years i carried on studying in here to got the equivalence and combined my qualificatins from turkey and thanks GOD iam finally at uni:) a bit nervous tho its ganno be hard
wish me luck:)
i also work as a part time sale assistant in a retail store.
i am flying to turkey in friday so excited :) looking forward to it
thats all for now i cant think of anything else to tell
take care






Hi. i wanna ask u smth, hope the question won't hurt y someway, i just wander, are there any muslim hamshen people, who would like to go back to the historical religion they had once that is to reconvert to chirstianity, since there are ppl with turkich names who delare they are armenians and want to change the religion.. u personally,, what u think about it, ?

Re: Where do most Hamshenis live?

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2008, 16:06
by Hayrik
ARMENIA wrote:
himi_inch_enik wrote:hi


Hi. i wanna ask u smth, hope the question won't hurt y someway, i just wander, are there any muslim hamshen people, who would like to go back to the historical religion they had once that is to reconvert to chirstianity, since there are ppl with turkich names who delare they are armenians and want to change the religion.. u personally,, what u think about it, ?


We should ask first, if the Christianity is the historical religion of Armenians.
I don't think so.
Also can you ask an other question!
Did Armenia's History began at 301 after Christ, when Armenia converted to Christianity?
I don't think so.
Հայրիկ

Re: Where do most Hamshenis live?

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2008, 17:21
by ARMENIA
Hayrik wrote:
ARMENIA wrote:
himi_inch_enik wrote:hi


Hi. i wanna ask u smth, hope the question won't hurt y someway, i just wander, are there any muslim hamshen people, who would like to go back to the historical religion they had once that is to reconvert to chirstianity, since there are ppl with turkich names who delare they are armenians and want to change the religion.. u personally,, what u think about it, ?


We should ask first, if the Christianity is the historical religion of Armenians.
I don't think so.
Also can you ask an other question!
Did Armenia's History began at 301 after Christ, when Armenia converted to Christianity?
I don't think so.
Հայրիկ



Hi

Hajrik, I certainly didn't mean that Christianity was the only religion and of course it's out of dispute the correlation of the adoptrion of Christianity to our origins... Christianty was vital and is vital for us since it saved us from assimiliation with other pl. some ppl argue this, but let's face the truth, Christianity drew new lifestyle for us, new believes and new standpoinds... we got united around the religion and noone know where would we be if we didnt adopt it... hence the question was going back to the religion of our grandfathers...that was Christianity and not the the prime religions Armenians had BC.. and i didn't mean to hurt anyone with the question....